Nephew's & Mum Card

 Since I got my Cricut Maker and collected lots of my old card making materials/supplies from my parents houses I decided to make the first cards for my 3 nephews and my boyfriends mum. 

Our twin nephews Ben and Archie had their 4th birthday first, at the end of August. I made them each a card which I am told they loved and kept looking and pointing it out to any visitors they had for their birthday. 


I cut out both of the designs from Cricut Design Space which made it so easy to layer them on top - I used both double sided tape and 3D foam pads. The numbers I cut out on vinyl and put them on where I thought they would suit. I then used the Cricut machine to write Happy Birthday on both of the cards - surprisingly I managed to line it up correctly first time! 



For Jack's card I printed out a design I bought from CC Designs called 'Sneaking a Lick'. I coloured this in using my Copic markers - colouring in is so relaxing! I layered this on papers that I found in amongst my old craft supplies. I used my Cricut to cut out the bunting at the top and then to cut out Jack's name in vinyl. 

Unfortunately we can't see our nephews as much as we would like to, as they live down in Essex and we are in Livingston, Scotland. We do try to see them as much as we can (we are going on holiday with them in a couple of weeks which we can't wait for!) but birthday FaceTime's were lovely. 

Lee's mums birthday was the day before Jack's so I made her a little card too - she really liked it when it arrived. 


I cut out the MUM letters on plain white card using my Cricut and then used a peg stamp set to create the design, I used the colour ink that was suggested with the stamps. I added some glitter to finish it off as can't go wrong with some sparkle even though it isn't visible on the photo! I used plain card to mount the letters on and then the Cricut machine to write Happy Birthday as I couldn't find any stamps that would have fitted. I also wrote a verse inside using the Cricut as it would have been neater than my writing & she likes cards with 'lots of words' as Lee says. 

That is all I have managed to make so far but I will be making a start on my Christmas Cards soon. I have already looked out all of my supplies in preparation! I am also hoping to make an advent calendar so hopefully that works out. But I will share that if I manage to make it. 

Until next time - Carly x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Birthday Card

My second challenge card